Monday, March 9, 2020

Ivy Skross Render Passes

Concept:

I wanted my 3D model to look like it could be a jungle gym. Playground equipment is usually powder coated with bright solid colors to make it appealing to children who play on it. So, I made my model very brightly colored in photoshop to reflect that. The one that ended up on the back plate is more vibrant than the one on the solid color. The actual odel is based on a 3D celtic knot.



Techniques:

I used Keyshot to make different passes. I used all of the default passes except I made my own diffusion and occlusion layers. I made the shadow in photoshop as opposed to keyshot because I like the look and control I had in photoshop. In photoshop I organized my layers and played with them until I got the look I wanted.



Materials:

The main material used was White gloss paint. I knew that I could just use color overlays in photoshop to add the colors I wanted to. So, I used white paint to get the shadow quality and glossy finish I wanted. I used other materials when making the passes but none of them show in the final shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment