Monday, March 30, 2020

William Goudreau: Rendering in Passes

Concept:

For this assignment I intentionally went into it without an end goal. I wanted to play around with the render layers and see how each one influenced the final image, and then see if I could alter the layers to create a unique image.

Process:
I began by re-rendering my flashlight model using render layers this time around. I used the realistic product render as my starting point to determine how to merge all the layers for an accurate result. I then experimented with the different types of layer merging and found one that had an interesting effect on the image's saturation. I then isolated the effect to the object itself and added a gradient by masking the object with the alpha channel layer. 

Materials:
The materials I chose were based on my original flashlight model. The second image's materials are the same as the first, but altered to be darker and more saturated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment