Monday, March 9, 2020

Jack Purcell: Project 4 Flashlight

Concept
I wanted my flashlight to look like a lightsaber. I used to have a toy lightsaber that you could swing out and it would extend like a telescoping rod. I found there's a sword like that you can 3d print. I wanted to add this feature to my lightsaber base for my flashlight.

 Process
I used scaled curves to create the individual sections of the blade. I used loft and the planar surface commands to create the nurbs surfaces and the join command to turn them into a polysurface. I created the base using lofts and booleans to create the top and bottom accents and the helix and pipe commands to create the grip section.
Materials
Being a lightsaber I wanted the base to be metal a combination of gunmetal and brushed titanium. I wanted the grip to be made out of wound leather. The blade portion was made of a frosted glass to diffuse the light of the flashlight.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment