Monday, March 9, 2020

Sophee Martinez: Render Passes

Concept: I wanted to make a shiny reflective pillar textured for a more urban area and a gummy-like pillar for a grassy park display.





Process: For both images, I used the same diffuse, occlusion, and shadow pass, but I rendered separate reflection, specular, and beauty passes as both structures have different area reflections, specular values, and overall look different. I used a lot of Photoshop layer adjustments such as curves, levels, brightness and contrast, and hue and saturation. I also used the Gradient tool and several clipping masks.



Keyshot: I used metal materials with environments to render the reflection and specular passes, gemstone and glass textures for the xRay passes, a toon material to make a clown and diffuse pass, a flat white material with only occlusion shadows for the occlusion pass, and I adjusted the environment properties for the shadow pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment