Monday, March 9, 2020

Bayang Flores: Render Passes

CONCEPT
My model is a continuation of my 3D printing model project. I wanted to see what it would look like if I further played with the materials and textures and how I could highlight them. Using different render passes made it so I could add more detail to the model rather than a single pass on Keyshot. 
PROCESS
For the process, I just played around with the passes on Photoshop that were demonstrated in class. I wanted to go for something more translucent rather than an opaque material and added more detail in the textures.


MATERIALS
I used a rough glass material on KeyShot and played with the diffuse and reflective layers to make it look more iridescent. I feel like this is a more artistic interpretation of my model if it were to be created in real life, as I'm not sure the lifespan of a glass model would be as practical as that of a metal one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment