Monday, March 9, 2020

Nadeem Dahduli: Artistic 3D Render

Concept

My idea for the artistic rendering was to bring out the reflections in the object to produce a luxurious element of colored glass. I decided to use my model from the previous assignment because its abstraction gave light to the composition of the image.


Techniques

Using Keyshot to adjust the effects such as the shadows and lighting, I produced a more realistic portrayal of my previous assignment with this cage. After experimenting with multiple lighting environments, I found the studio lighting to fit best with the concept. After rendering the passes, I imported them into photoshop to begin playing with the blending options and the tones. I even began to alter some of the colors to give it more vibrancy. For the second image I also used the liquid feature in Photoshop to warp the ground reflection so it can match the reflections in the background.


Materials

The main material was an orange glass that I adjusted the roughness and refractive index as well as the transparency distance to create a golden brown color. For my second image I included a blue plastic material in Keyshot and rendered it out and gently applied it to the original in Photoshop. For the outdoor image I wanted to give it a cold tint as a reflection off the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment