Monday, March 9, 2020

Nicholas Garces: Render Passes

Concept:

I wanted to create a minimalist feel using simple shapes but arranging them to provoke a feeling of balance and simplicity.

Image result for 3D minimalist


Process:
To model this I simply created a helix line and railed a capped tube through it. I then used the cadge edit tool to adjust the size at the bottom and top. To make it sit nicely on flat ground I subtracted a cube that was level with the ground plane and filleted the edge created. Lastly, I positioned a sphere to sit comfortably inside.


Materials:

I used different diffuse materials, environments,  and experimented with toon shaders to create different feels for both of these renders. By using clown masking I was able to isolate objects from the same render and finetune each object individually, giving me more control over the final composite.



No comments:

Post a Comment