Saturday, May 2, 2020

Aleena Mir: Prosthetic Model

Concept:
For my prosthetic model, I wanted to create a mask inspired by this pandemic. I wanted my mask to look very different, so I got some inspiration from this image.




Process: 
I started out using the head provided by Professor Scott as well as the video tutorials. I first used the curve tool to create the outline shape of the mask and projected it on to the head. I then rebuild the curves so there would be a lot less of points. I patched the surface to complete the main part of the mask. Because my mask was uneven, as seen through the zebra tool, I used the offset curve tool to cut out a patch in the center, and recreated the surface, and blended this with the other parts of the mask. I then repeated this same process with the straps. I created curves where I wanted the straps to be, and used the trim tool and fillet tool to make a proper base curve for the straps. I then projected the curves on to the head and rebuilt all of the curves once again to ensure that there are not too many points. Then I used the line tool and added lines around all of the intersections so the patching of the surface would be a smoother process. I then patched the surfaces and offset the surface of the straps to make it thicker. I used the zebra tool to ensure that it is smooth. I filled edged the straps to the main part of the mask. Then I used the curve tool to create the front part filter of the mask. I patched and offset the surface and filleted it to the mask. Then I boolean joined a cylinder and two spheres and duplicated it twice to create the three lines of the filter. Next I used the truncated cone tool to create the cones coming out of the mask. I filleted the edges of that as well to create a smooth look. I used the cylinder tool, and split it to create a one-fourth of a cylinder piece, and used these pieces to create the X part of the cones, as seen in the picture above. This process was a lot of trial and error, I tried to fillet the other edges of the straps, but they were not turning out how I would like. Overall, I think this mask looks really clean and can be used someday.




Materials:

No comments:

Post a Comment