Friday, May 1, 2020

Nikki Chauhan: Architectonic Lamp

Concept:I really enjoy curved vases and shapes that are not just one simple curve or just created by repeating a curve and wanted to implement that into my work.



Process: I used the curve: interpolate points tool along with the straight curve tool to create the main piece and then I copied and pasted my curve and left some distance between them then revolved both curves. After, I used loft to connect the top and bottom pieces together. Once I had a solid single piece, I used the Contour tool to create my vertical curves and created planar surfaces from them. Once those were done, I created a bounding box and used the section tool to create my outer, radial curves and used planer surface of that as well. I used the rectangle tool along with planar surface and polar array to create a central piece which will hold the light bulb structure and used boolean union to attach it to the planar surface previously created. I also used the Make2D tool to create my orthographic layout and the unroll script to create the laser layout. 
Materials: I chose to depict my lamp in a cherry wood surface for the vertical pieces and a purple style with a similar texture for the radial pieces as this may be how I paint it when I finally get to cut this.



No comments:

Post a Comment