Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Imran Shakoor: Reusable Covid Glove (Prosthetic)

Concept: My concept was that I wanted to create a glove that was reuasable but also fashionable. Because pandemics last a long while, constantly using disposable gloves and throwing them away is terrible for the environment. In addition, the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic will probably still be on people's minds when it passes over, and some may still want to wear gloves when they go out in public. That is why I created the CRG. I had some challenges figuring out for a way to be able to re-use it without it getting dirty after putting it back on the second and third time, but eventually I was able to figure it out. I did not get the chance to model the second phase of the CRG because that would take a much longer time and will probably be my summer project. However, in the drawings below I have given the overview of how it works.

Drawings:


Massing Model:
Process: I started by projecting lines onto the arm/wrist area, patching them, and offsetting the surface to create the initial band which is skin tight. I then created a ring that rests on the hand and lofted the shape that you see going from the wrist to the ring. for the zipper, I used a linear array and the flowed along srf to put it on the lofted shape. I created the ring holders with spheres, and boolean differenced various shapes to get the shape I wanted. For the button on the ring,  I interpolated points on the surface, patched them, and offsetSrf them. The chain part in the wrist band was just using rail1 with a circle cross section on curve I interpolated.

Materials: For the materials I used plastics, metals, rubbers and Nylon for the cloth area. The zipper and the chain were made with aluminum as they are metal pieces. The middle area is made of weaved nylon (so it is washable and light), and the magnetic bumps are made of rubber (assuming the magnets are covered) as well as the wrist band itself. The ring, and the button are just made of normal plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment