Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Rahul Nair: FlatFab Laser Study

Concept:
I designed my FlatFab model like a made up humanoid aquatic creature. I used a submarine-like design but with 4 limbs and ahead. The final design ended up looking like a video game boss or maybe a giant vehicle.

Process: The base slice is designed to be the torso shape, after which I sliced one of the ribs. I duplicated that rib piece a few times to get the ribcage area right. For the head I created another piece that was sort of shaped like a guitar pick. I duplicated it twice and rotated them on an axis to create the spiral head area. The big fin in the back is another slice, and the arms and legs were created with two pieces and then mirrored over.
Materials: I chose an electric blue color because it has an aquatic design to it and I felt that it matched. It has a tinge of green to it as well so if I were to print it I would search for a teelish plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment