Monday, May 4, 2020

Vee Valavil - Architectonic Lamp



 ARCHITECTONIC LAMP - Vee Valavil

Concepts:
I used the perfume bottle below as a template for the body shape of my lamp. I used simple shapes to create the shape with a long neck and a wider body so that that lamp can be supported.



Techniques:
I started off with three spheres and one cylinder, combined them together and extended the cylinder all the way though the structure to allow for a space to put the lightbulb. From there, I highlighted all the shapes and used Boolean difference to create the shape that I wanted to render.  Once the shape was rendered, I used the contour command to create the horizontal and vertical ribs. I created two layers specifically to house each of the ribs to cut. Once I completed the ribs creation, I used the cut my ribs script to create the different ribs for the vertical and horizontal lines to allow them to be assembled and made into the lamp. I then cleaned up the vertical and horizontal ribs making sure that the spaces created in each rib would show. I deleted any excess layers, surfaces etc that would conflict with the massive unroll script. Once that was completed, I ran the massive unroll script and unrolled all the components for the lamp. Lastly, I used the extend command to cut off any excess edges on each of the pieces of the lamp to make sure that during the laser cutting process, those points would be removed.



Material:
Vertical Planes: Heringbone wood with a glossy texture
Horizontal Planes: Hard shiny plastic (Bright Red) 




No comments:

Post a Comment