Monday, March 4, 2019

Asa Rodriguez: Week 8- 3D print

Concept
I wanted to create an item that was both indicative of my identity and a usable item that I would make use of in a hobby. Eventually, I settled on a cookie cutter with a double venus on it, as I thought it would be a cute idea for cookies to share with my other lgbt friends.


Process
essentially, I used the create solids-cylinder tool for a lot of these shapes, subtracting them from each other to create hollow and thin walls and then shrinking that down to create the inner wall. After that, the subtract tool was also used for the rectangular prism that makes up the tail. After that, I used a thin cylinder to combine all of the cutting walls, I used a cylinder and scaled sphere for the handle.



Materials
Ideally this object would be in a foodsafe plastic- I rendered it in a soft red plastic with a textured metal handle in Keyshot to show this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment