Monday, March 4, 2019

Jonathan Holt: Week8 3D print

Concept:
The concept for my 3d print came from my favorite video game series, the Arkham series of Batman. One of his most basic gadgets, the batarang, is fairly expensive online. Seeing how I'm not a billionaire I can't exactly afford to buy them, but I have a 3D printer, a software, and a will to be a big nerd.
Ghosted Black
Process:

The first thing I did was focus on the center, I put a large cylinder with 2 smaller ones on either side to give it depth. The blade was a little trickier, first I drew the shape as a 2 dimensional shape. I then copied and raised it above the former. I connected the sides and warped the blade so that it formed a blade. I then went to the solid tools and found a handy tool that let me create holes in solid objects. I added the 2 holes and mirrored it onto the other side. I didn't add all 4 holes because it felt like there were just way too many. I then printed it on my own 3d printer so that it was 6 inches long. However, it turns out that 6 inches is way too small, so I decided to put my build limit to the test. I scaled it up to a foot long.
Keyshot image 1
Keyshot image 2
Materials:

I would love to create this out of metal, however plastic will have to do for now. I used the Metal Polished Black material in keyshot to give it that metallic shine while keeping the overall black theme of Batman. I gave lighting coming from the top sides to make the blades shine to really give it depth.
Raw Print

Held

Throwing

No comments:

Post a Comment