Sunday, March 3, 2019

Carol Newhard ATCM 2355.001 Sofa 3D Model




The concept for my sofa came from a childhood carton that I enjoyed. The name of this cartoon was the Flintstones. The Flintstones was a cartoon comedy about a prehistoric family and what their life was like. All of their possessions; house furniture, car (foot powered of course) was made of white stone. Everything was square and boxy. The shape of my sofa has sharp corners and hard edges to depict the feel of the Flintstones furniture.

The techniques used are basic rectangles and on the corners of the cushions I used small filets. The feet of the sofa are small cones. I created one cone and sized it and then used copy and paste to get the other three cones. The use of basic techniques  follows the concept that I was aiming for.

For the materials I used shiny white plastic. This choice mimicked the stone of the furniture of the cartoon that was my inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment