Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Aleyna Enriquez: Week 12 Skateboard Deck Final Project

 Aleyna Enriquez: Week 12 Skateboard Deck Final Project

Concept: I always liked the idea of getting a tattoo, but I do not like that it is permanent. I created the design by looking at other peoples tattoos and seeing what they techniques they used. While, using a feminine touch to create my skateboard deck. I liked the simple tattoo designs more than the overworked and complicated tattoos. all of the tattoos had no color and just raw skin and black ink, the wood would have a flesh tone while the laser engraving will give it that black ink look.



Technique: To create my design I simply used Illustrator to create my initial design. I then imported my design into rhino. I created the skateboard making a rectangle by using the rectangle: corner to corner. I then used the arch tool to create the ends of the board. I then clicked and shift the two center points and lifted them up less than a quarter inch. I then created a surface with the loft tool to create the dip under the deck. then I used the surface from planer curves to make the rest of the skateboard deck. I don't plan to use the skateboard after, I intend to hang it so I did not create any extra parts or wheels. I used the surface from planer curves to make the raster look like it would be burned in. 

Materials: I used sandpaper, raw wood no polish skateboard deck, and wood conditioner/ sealer.
I engraved the skateboard first and then sanded. I used a simple two in one wood conditioner and sealer.













  

No comments:

Post a Comment