Sunday, November 28, 2021

Carly Kight: Week 11- Skateboard Deck

 Concept:

I was inspired by the art style of using a continuous contour line to outline a face and it’s facial features. So, I found an old selfie of me that I like the aesthetic of, and I used that as my reference to draw the contour lines on top of.


Techniques:

I first imported the picture of my face on a reference layer. Next, I used the control point curve tool to trace my facial features, making sure to have Osnaps on to connect my line endings. Then I used the Split command to make curve segments that could be turned into a planar surface by using PlanarSurf. (For the laser engraving version, I used the hatch command instead of that).


Materials:

In Keyshot, I used a wooden material (that I lightened) for the wood of the skateboard deck. I used a black, rough material for the grip tape, and another black plastic material for the trucks and wheels. As for post processing, I wanted to actually assemble the board as a functional skateboard, so I bought trucks, wheels, grip tape, and other odds and ends. Before assembling the board, I decided to design a symbol (of my initials, resembling a skull and bones). I laser cut my grip tape to have it as a cutout, and assembled my board.










No comments:

Post a Comment