Sunday, November 28, 2021

Travis Briney: Week 12 Skateboard Deck

Travis Briney: Week 12 Skateboard Deck

Concept - I was originally inspired by the concept of minimalistic flower designs. I think the art style is really cool and I think it suited what I wanted to put on my board. My board already has an existing sunset design on the bottom, so I felt like they would compliment each other well. 

Techniques - I used a lot of the control point curve command for design. I would use the command to outline my flowers and make the designs. Next, I would use the Split command to split some of the outlines that connected with the border. Doing so would separate the lines from each other, allowing me to edit specific sections. I would also use the Group command to group together specific lines. Doing so would allow me to edit the flowers all together instead of having to select each individual line. I would then use the Rotate and Mirror commands to create more leaves and petals. Doing so would allow me to create more flowers and leaves without starting from scratch.

Materials: For my materials, I used a marbled plastic black for the wheels. Usually for my longboard it uses orange wheels, but I wanted to go with the traditional black wheels as to not take away from my design. Then, I used the aluminum silver for my trucks since they best replicate the ones I currently have on the board. I even selected the ruffed up material opposed to the perfectly designed aluminum. Then, I used a maple oak material for the board itself as it reflects my board's colors. Lastly, I used the orange glass material for my designs so there was some transparency. If there wasn't any transparency, some parts would overlap too much when looking at the design from an angle. For post processing, I used a bit of sanding and I also did some color correction.

No comments:

Post a Comment