Sunday, November 28, 2021

Kyle Kapischke: Week 10 Skateboard Deck Laser Engraving

 For this project I decided to do something I always enjoy drawing, which is ugly screaming faces. I did something similar for another final project, so I guess it's something of a running theme with me. I didn't use any inspiration for this, the only thing I think I was inspired by were the colors, but I didn't use any reference to match the coloring. I'm pretty sure old album covers would use the color scheme of blue skin and yellow eyes, but I couldn't find any.



Importing the design into Rhino was very easy. All I had to do was put the raster drawing into Illustrator, perform an image trace, then upload the vectorized image into Rhino. 

 
 Creating the 3D model for the Keyshot renders was slightly more difficult. All I did though was create the deck using curves and then extruded it. The trucks and wheels were far easier to do, though.


The design went onto the Keyshot rendering well. The warping on the faces was hardly noticeable.








The final skateboard was airbrushed, with the lineart painted in black.

No comments:

Post a Comment