Sunday, November 28, 2021

Austen Sartain: Project 4 Skateboard Deck Laser Engraving

I took the original image and image traced it in Illustrator into a grayscale. Then I imported it into Rhino. After that, I separated each level of gray into individual layers. After that I selected the the objects on each layer and DupBorder. This left me with the curve outlines of every object. After that I exported the file as an SVG. Once I imported the file into LightBurn, I edited each layer to give contrast. I did this by increaseing the lines per inch and speed, and decreasing the power as I went through each layer. I would not that if I were to do this again in the future, I would probably increase the highest power level I used from 20% to 25% or 30%. That way I could have a better contrast between the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment