Sunday, September 12, 2021

Andrew Bitar - Lamp Project

Concept: For my lamp, I went for more of a geometric design. I also made sure that there were only sharp edges when it comes to the design because I wanted to have an angular and sharp feeling object. When starting I used designs that already existed, but I was dissatisfied with the way they turned out, so I made my improvised geometric design instead.



Process: I used the poly line tool to create most of the triangles that are present on my design. I've limited the amount of raster use for my design. There are a total of 4 small shapes that have been design to be raster-ed. The design was extruded later so that I can get the screenshots above and below.


Final product: After the wood had been cut out, I sanded it so I can get a smoother wood texture and so that I can start painting it. I went with an American walnut wood paint so that it can match the wooden furniture in my own bedroom. But before applying the paint on the lamp, I painted the raster-ed areas with black paint. I used a very thin brush to apply paint on that section of the lamp.

Materials: Plywood 2x4 .25 inches thick. American Walnut paint and some black paint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment