Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sheena Meany Project 1: MakerCase Lamp

 


Concept: 

For my project, I decided to do 4 simple designs of animals, to keep it simple. 



I decided on these four simple designs, with areas for light to shine through for the lamp cutouts themselves

Techniques: Overall, I maintained the simple box shape used for the maker case lamp itself, as I am still inexperienced with the program. I hope with more experience that I can do more complicated models for my projects. Since this was a completely new program for me, it was challenging for me to learn the program while also making sure the design was what I wanted from my original concept and maintain the transition from concept to model. 

Materials: I decided to stay with the rustic wood look for the majority of my lamp, and use acrylic paint for the designs themselves so they can pop out more. In the end, I used a clear varnish to finish off my product. 





Overall, I am satisfied with my final product. I wanted a simple lamp so that it wasn't too overbearing for anyone who was viewing the lamp. I didn't realize how many technical details would go into laser cutting, and I found this project to be a fun learning experience for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment