Monday, September 13, 2021

Anita Chap: Project 1- MakerCase Lamp

 






Concept: When we were first given this project I was stuck on a few ideas on what I wanted my design to be over. At first I thought it would be cool to a mandala flower but after many attempts of sketching it out and trying the design in Rhino and thinking about which parts I was going to cut, vector, and raster it made my head hurt so I started over. I kept thinking about when our professor said make it like something you would buy and I got inspired by my desk being Sailor Moon themed and decided to create something to match that so I can put it in my office. 



Process: After creating the lamp outline on MakerCase I started with creating an vector cut outline box so I can keep my design within the box. I then google searched some images and decided on what I wanted use for my sides. I first decided to do only two designs but changed it and wanted it to be different for each side. Once I found all my pictures I wanted to use I saved them and then used the picture command in Rhino so I can bring in the picture and I was able to trace over it. I examined the pictures and looked at the easier shapes I can already do in rhino such as an ellipse or a star. After I was able to trace the easier shapes I went in with the control points curve and zoomed in on my picture and clicked around the outline. If the design was symmetrical I would do half of the design and then used the mirror command to mirror the design. If the design wasn't symmetrical I would just trace around the whole design with the control points curve and then go back and connect the end point and then join the curves together if possible. Then lastly after everything was traced I went in and picked which curves I wanted to get a vector, raster, or cut. 


Materials:
1- 1/4" in birch plywood 
Craft Acrylic Paint
Paper




No comments:

Post a Comment