Sunday, September 12, 2021

Cristian Resendiz: Project 1 MakerCase Lamp

 

 

Concept: For this project I was having trouble initially coming up with a theme but eventually settled on a Mario Bros theme. I originally had a concept of using various different shaped items on the sides but I wasn't quite liking how it was turning out. Instead I took similar items to use on the sides to make it more uniform and to make it easier to print.



Process: I used the template provided in the instructions as a base and added small additions on as I went. Some small things like the pipe at the bottom and the words on top of each side were easy enough to implement but it was the mushrooms that gave me issues. The shape wasn't quite easy to reproduce in rhino so I created them in Adobe Illustrator. After some trial and error importing them into rhino I was able to get the shape done and applied to each side. One of the things I wasn't able to show in the renders was the engravings. I tried to get them to show but I could not get them to appear on export, perhaps I made a mistake on the layout but regardless it was still an issue.



 Materials: I used Plywood Underlayment 5mm as the main material as recommended. I painted the sides with oil paints to give the appropriate colors for each mushroom. Applied Locate super glue to put it together and put a cord setup with a light bulb inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment