Sunday, September 12, 2021

Clarissa Cruz-Duran: Week 1 Castle



Reference

    I was inspired to make a castle inspired by the Castle of Dreams in Kingdom Hearts. When I researched it a little more I found out that it was based on Cinderella's castle (Disney). When I looked into which materials Cinderella's castle was made of, it was surprisingly not made out of brick but out of concrete and metal, with some plastic shingles. What I was able to replicate were the curved cones and cylindrical base of the fantastical castle. 

Ghosted

    For my castle's base, I used a rectangular prism and united it with my towers which were made of cylinders. I also created an entryway by using the boolean difference tool and moving/ deleting surfaces created by the boolean tools. Regarding my cones, I used the bend tool to create a curvature similar to that of the Castle of Dreams. I used the arraycrv and boolean union tool to create the base. I also cut out a cylindrical layer because I wanted to have a grass section like the Castle of Dreams.


Material Colorized

    My base and castle base are colored the same as they will be made using concrete. My cones are the same color because I wanted the metal to look the same even if the base cones are not bent. Lastly, The grass patch is a different color because it would be an earthy material.

Edges Highlighted

Below is my castle with the materials applied using KeyShot. I was unable to create a fantastical render but I believe the colors at least add more of an understanding of what the composition would look like!

Birdseye View


Overall Composition


Pedestrian View

Images can also be seen at: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1scT1Sn05rc4JiiwYgpLBiACPae2WT6_6?usp=sharing for more clarity.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment