Monday, September 13, 2021

Austen Sartain Assignment 1: Castle

 CONCEPT

The castle from Castlevania

    There is a show on Netflix called Castlevania that among other things, showcases an amazing castle that defies the laws of physics and leaves all who see it in aw. I wanted to make something similar even though I knew it would be quite challenging.


TECHNIQUES
Ghosted

Layered


Naked Edges

    In regards to the techniques that I used in this project, I would say that I used BooleanDifference and Loft the most out of anything else. The was mainly because I had a lot of shapes that I had to create from scratch, so using multiple sets of lines and then using loft to create a polySurface was what I ended up doing. There were also many objects that didn't quite fit, so I ended up using BooleanDifference to shave away the unneeded excess.


MATERIALS
Pedestrian View


Bird's-Eye View

Overview

    The material I used were all things similar to what you could find in European castle's and houses around the 1500's. The roof is made up of terracotta roofing tiles. The walls are made of mossy stone. And the Bridges are made of weathered brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment