Sunday, September 12, 2021

Zachary Alameri: Project 1 Maker Case Lamp

Zachary Alameri: Project 1 Maker Case Lamp


Concept:



    For my lamp project I decided I would create designs revolving around the new hottest wrestling company known as AEW. I've been a fan of professional wrestling for most of my life and AEW has provided a great product for fans to enjoy some hard-hitting, fast paced, and edgy content every Wednesday nights on TNT. To pay tribute to an amazing roster and company I decided I would include the company logo, the best wrestler in the company, the hottest act in the company, and my favorite homegrown talent.   




Techniques:


    Some useful strategies I used to help create my designs were using designs already printed on merchandise. Most of these wrestlers have a certain niche or gimmick to them and these kinds of designs get over with the crowd when they are printed on hats, shirts, cups, towels, even masks. I utilized the Picture Frame tool to bring these designs into Rhino and had the traced with a mix of the Polyline tool and the Control Point Curve tool. After completing this for all the designs I went back to determine which areas I wanted to  make inner cuts and help the line shine through. I decided I would make the light project out of bigger areas in the design and not just negative space, so I began replacing the layers to my polylines. I'm still fairly new to the software, however I tried to challenge myself by picking designs that weren't contained some twists and turns. 





  Materials:

- 1/4" thick 24" x 48" Plywood. 

- Black acrylic paint

- Red acrylic shiny paint

- White acrylic paint

- Blue Glitter

- Gold Glitter

- Loctite professional glue

- 6' Candelabra cord set

- 40W E12 Lightbulb








  Conclusion:

     I'm very satisfied with the way my lamp turned out. Each face has a unique characteristic to it and the overall product emits light very well. It's a mix between my journey in ATEC and my passion for professional wrestling mixed in one. 


    





No comments:

Post a Comment