Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Charlotte Guzman-Russell: Waffle

Concept: For this assignment, I wanted to make a minimalist chair because I think the waffle structure looks interesting for the furniture examples I have seen so far. I added a hole in the center of the chair to make it a little more interesting but still simple.




Technique: I used the interpolated curve tool to create my basic shape. I then extruded the curve into a solid shape, and capped off the ends. I made another curve and projected that onto the middle of the chair and then used the split tool to cut it out. Finally, I used the loft tool to join the holes to the inside. After the shape was complete, I used the cut my ribs script to make the slots and the massive unroll script to label and orient my slices.

Materials: I used 2-ply cardboard to make my chair prototype. If I choose to remake this chair in the future I would use a stronger material as the slots near the edge of the chair broke easily during assembly. In Keyshot I used two different types of wood materials. I was originally going to use a plastic material but I preferred the wooden look.









No comments:

Post a Comment