Sunday, April 24, 2016

Christopher Rickett : Slots




Concept:  I wanted to do something that was based off of triangles, because three sided objects are the some of the most stable structures. therefore all of my shapes are based off of this concept. also wanted to incorporate curved shapes within these straight edged shapes to give some more variety to them.




Technique: To create these shapes, I used the create polygon command to create a nine sided polygon curve. From there, I simply divided the shape up using lines and curve booleaned the shapes that I wanted from the root template. 







Result:  the end result was a series of incomplete modular units attached to one another in an a way that is reminiscent of molecular bonding. also it is constructed in such a way the it allows the viewer to fill in the gaps with their mind to complete the shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment