Sunday, April 3, 2016

Thomas Perugini: Serial Slice

Concept: At first I wanted to do just a geometric shape, inspired by office buildings and abstract chess pieces. However, I found the design plain and uninteresting. To give the object a more intriguing design I twisted it, adding a more organic flow to an otherwise rigid subject.




Technique: I began with a rectangular prism. On each side, a series of holes were made, each narrower and deeper than the last. This created a closed stair case design. I then twisted the entire object to give the corkscrew design. The polysurface was then separated into curves and arranged onto the cyan work area.



Material: The keyshot rendering material chosen was black walnut wood. I needed to scale down the texture a bit, as well as darken the overlay to give it a less saturated appearance. The real piece is only cardboard so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment