Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Rafael Garcia: Pepakura

Created in Maya, exported to Rhino for further editing.
Concept: The low poly design of my mountain sound wave came to mind for this project. Originally the mountain was 300 polygons, but for this project I lowered the count to 120. I'd like to make this pepakura into a midi touch controller.
In the pepakura program I cut ring-like loops going downward from the peak to the base of the mountain. This helped with construction greatly.



In Keyshot I used a metallic material to give lighting to multiple faces of the model. I placed a bump map of granite on the blue mountain to give it a bit of texture.

With the finished piece, I'd like to attach touch sensitive midi controllers on the faces so that the mountain could essentially become an instrument. Adding triggered lights to the panels would also be great.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I would love to build a similar mountain as a gift for my nephew. Would you be able to send me the file with the templates?

    ReplyDelete