Thursday, April 14, 2016

Jung Choi: Slots Droplet

Concept: The concept I had in mind for this project was a water droplet hitting the surface of the water. With this concept, I decided to use a lot of round circular shapes in radiate outwards in a symmetrical pattern that gave off a slight feeling of an explosion.

Modeling Techniques: A lot of the slot making was done with the curve boolean tool as well as array polar to get the slots all the way around some of the shapes. For the long shapes, I used two circles then connected them with curves. After which I split the curves in order to trim out the pieces I do not want then joined the open curves together to make a closed curve. The hardest part was planning out the slots so that the top and bottom circles would fit the long slots. After I made the long pieces, I rotated them upwards to see where the slots and what angle they would need to go in order to fit.


Material: For the material I decided to use the eflute cardboard as I did not want it to be too bulky or big since it was supposed to be a water droplet. Thicker material would have made the pattern less noticeable and I believe would have taken away from the theme of the project unless I had made it significantly larger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment