Monday, April 25, 2016

Christopher Rickett: pepakura



Concept: The concept for this piece was to create something that was beautifully simplistic in design. I decided to do a large upright piece that was  that could possibly be an exterior installation in front of a building.



Technique: I modeled this piece in Maya because I found it easier to work directly with polygons instead of converting from a nurbs surface to polygon mesh in Rhino. I used the twist tool to torque a cube for the base and joined it to a sphere. The star like points are simply extruded from the sphere, then the end vertices were merged to their centers to create points.




Materials: I applied a few different materials to this model because I thought it could be aesthetically pleasing if it were made from all of these material. I decided to go with metal, stone, and even a glass or plastic like finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment