Monday, April 11, 2016

Rafael Garcia Waffle Structure

For this project I set  out to create a waffle mountain. I envisioned the jagged curves of each point of terrain lining up to create some lovely lines for the eyes to follow. I created my low poly-esque mountain in Maya and exported accordingly to Rhino with the .dxf file format. I then followed all of the tutorials instructions and used the scripts accordingly. As stated in the tutorial video, the scrips may be glitchy and not always work. The CutMyRibs script ran twice but only cut half of my mountain the first time. After running it once more it seemed to correct itself and cut the entire mountain.
The 2nd unrolling script, placed the pieces very sporadically/overlaying, but sorting them out was a breeze. It was like playing tetris. As for the material I went with two ply cardboard and followed the tutorials instructions and made the .19 measurement.


 In Keyshot I decided to try and place the piece somewhere in the ATEC building. I used a gradient on a wooden texture to give it a terrain look. In the latter renders I chose a more surreal aesthetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment