Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Amy Huang: Project 5 - Prosthetic Accessory ATCM 3355.001

 

CONCEPT:


Hu Li Jing
My prosthetic is inspired by Hu Li Jing, an ancient Chinese fox demon that resides within deep dark forests. Based on Chinese fox masks with an alteration to the traditional shape to make it more sleek and modern, this mask is meant to give the wearer night vision just like the legendary Fox spirits. 

Reference Mask

Process:

Ghosted Black

Ghosted Color


The first thing I did was create the outline and profile of the mask with curves. I then projected it onto the female head model and rebuilt and patched the curves until it fit perfectly onto the face. I then traced and projected the shape of the eye slits onto the mask. After tracing the ears, I connected them to the mask and mirrored them to the other side, after which I boolean unioned all of it together and performed a surface offset on all of it. 

Materials:

For the materials, I went with a sleek and modern black marble for the mask. If I were to 3d print it I would hand paint all of the designs onto the mask in gold and red, similar to the reference image. 




No comments:

Post a Comment