Monday, December 4, 2023

Dylan Burt ATCM 3355: Project 5 - Prosthetic Model

 

Inspiration Image

Concept

My prosthetic arm sleeve was inspired by earth layer diagrams. Sticking with my nature theme I've had throughout the semester, I wanted to do something that incorporated something related to ecosystems. This allowed me to work with a lot of different material concepts for my sleeve

Ghosted


Layer Materials

Process

After creating my sketch I started by exploding the provided arm model, and creating a copy of the forearm as my starting line. I did this because manipulating the provided model gave me a lot more flexibility and freedom to mold and sculpt my sleeve out. Another reason I did this was because I wanted my model to be somewhat hollow, in order to reduce weight.


Ortho Render

Render with Sketch

Materials

For my material usage, I wanted to have a variety of materials used because, like nature, I wanted my sleeve to be diverse and unique. For the mountain range I went with a camo decorated plaster in order to give it that rocky textured appearance while also giving it that rough texture. For the water I went with a glass, or resin material as to give it that reflectivity and clarity of water. The Island, leaves, and the fields are made of a painted plaster as to give it the look and feel of small plant life. I made the rocky underlayer a textured filament, so to give it that roughness, but also that compact appearance. Finally the lava I made a emissive material, as I wanted to make that out of bioluminescent resin to make it glow like lava.



No comments:

Post a Comment