Friday, December 8, 2023

Nash DeGroat - ATCM 3355.001 Project 5: Prosthetic Model

 Concept: 

I wanted to make a gauntlet based off of one of the most popular arm attachments in anime, the Duel Disk from Yu-Gi-Oh. For this project I ignored the extended playing area and only focused on what was on the arm. On top of this I wanted to extend it so there would be material on the hand as well.




Proccess:

I started with the hand part and knew that I wanted to make the whole thing to have two distinct sides to the thing, so I made the left side of it more standard clean futuristic with the right being a more curvy fire aesthetic to it. I put the fire side on the right as this was modeled for my use so the right arm was used, (with it being the left if someone were right-handed). this caused the fire to be given more room as it did not contend with being closer to the body when held right. I always planned on putting some "jewel" in the disc part so to help connect the pieces I put another "jewel" in the hand which also helped make the change from future to fire not as jarring. The wrist piece is usually connected to the disc in depictions of them in the anime but for mine I separated them so that there would be more flexibility and breath ability for the arm. The shape of the disc itself is based of a specific character's disc that had a saw blade like design. This made it so that I had to make my disc eight parted to make sure that the duality of the piece is not lost. I modeled the pieces using re fence pictures of my own arm wearing the glove I attached them to.








Materials: 

For the gauntlet there would be multiple colors of PLA material used, white, red, and black. There are two other colors to be used but their final coloration not final with a temporary gold for the metallic bits and a tri color, leaning to blue-purple, for the "jewels"



No comments:

Post a Comment