Saturday, December 16, 2023

Nash DeGroat Project 1 Tower

 Concept:

    After messing with the grasshopper file I settled on a helix structure as with the floors it can look similar to a strand of DNA. 



Proccess:

    In making this I made sure to put as much twist on the tower. While the theme is DNA I didn't want to keep a standard square shape so I went with a pentagon but I learned later that it would make the skin not as good. I wanted to have the skin alternate but with an odd number it doesn't work out so I leave two sections  as oposite of each other. This would help the DNA look as it gives two central walls like a strand. 




Materials:

    For the pipes I went with my favorite colors. After that I went with a rich blue for the skin and as such I went with red and orange to contrast the blue.





No comments:

Post a Comment