Monday, December 4, 2023

Caleb Wang Project 5: Prosthetic Accessory

Concept: My immediate thought for this was a prosthetic eye. I wanted to create something similar to a video I saw a while back, of someone who had lost his eye to cancer as a child. Using his engineering skills, he had engineered a prosthetic eye that could act as a flashlight. 



Process: I decided to model the general eye and some finer parts in Blender as I have more familiarity with that software. I was able to use the ArrayPolar function in Rhino after assembling individual parts in order to create the patterns around the eyes. I made separate layers for the different parts so I could apply different materials to them in Keyshot.





Materials: I went with a gold/blue color scheme for the eye, as I liked the color scheme and thought it would fit well. For the external shell, I used an anodized blue aluminum material. For the inner shell, I used a gold material. For the internal parts that I had ArrayPolared, I used the same blue aluminum as the outer shell, while I kept a black non-reflective metal material for the inner section. For the lights, I initially tried to use a Point Light, but I found it didn't have the desired result I wanted, so I went with an emissive light blue material. I finished it off with a glass material for the cornea.




No comments:

Post a Comment