Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Parametric Vase

 In continuing to explore Grasshopper tutorials online, I found a cool tutorial that details how to create a completely parametric vase model using Grasshopper which I found very interesting. The script itself is much more complex than what I have been doing within Grasshopper recently and was quite a challenge to follow and understand. This was partly because the output geometry ends up being an open mesh which I am not familiar with working with as much as NURBS surfaces. In the end, I was able to use the offset mesh command in Rhino to give the vase some dimensionality, and the overall form ended up being quite aesthetic. 

Link to Grasshopper Tutorial

Rhino Model (Ghosted)

Grasshopper Script

Rhino Model (Arctic)

Overall this tutorial was immensely useful and informative. I have steered away from working with mesh surfaces in the past but this tutorial showed me how it can still be an effective modeling workflow technique. Additionally, I exposed myself to new concepts and components within Grasshopper that will continue to strengthen my modeling work going forward. Lastly, I can see myself playing around with this script further as it can be manipulated to great degrees and implemented into many different things.

Keyshot Rendering










No comments:

Post a Comment