Monday, December 4, 2023

Coleman Toups - ATCM 3355.001 Project 4: Architectonic Lamp

 

Concept:
    For this project I decided to make a tower lamp that would look right at home as the center piece of a dining room table or on a shelf. I wanted it to be sliced geometry instead of a box so that it would diffuse the light in all directions.

Process:
    The basic shape of the actual tower is simple, a rectangle with two smaller nested rectangles on top and the original and sphere to make it flare out at the peak. The legs are lofted squares that curved out of the body, I then cut differenced holes in the center of the lamp and filleted some of the edges to give the overall form a more nuanced look.

Materials:

For the material, I chose a standard light wood texture that would closely match the final product once it was cut out and assembled. I used a point light for the lightbulb in the middle and rubber for the cable.



No comments:

Post a Comment