Sunday, December 3, 2023

Ketsamone Thanoulith - ATCM 3355.001 Project 5: Prosthetic Model

 


Concept:


My prosthetic was inspired by plague doctor masks from the early 1600s. It is commonly associated with the Black Death and was originally worn by doctors and physicians who believed it warded off the disease. The style is inspired by the Renaissance and Baroque era.

Process:





I created curves and projected them onto the surface to create the strap for the mask. I patched holes and used loft and other surface commands. I used the pipe command to make some details and offsetSrf to add thickness to the surface. I also made additional details using spheres.

Materials:



I used leather for the straps and mask and metal for small accents. Brown and beige-colored leather would also look good. I used leather because it had a similar texture to real plague doctor masks.






No comments:

Post a Comment