Monday, December 4, 2023

Manuel Diaz - ATCM 3355.001 Project 5: Prosthetic Model


Concept:

 
For my project, I chose to create a partial hand prosthetic for people who are missing fingers. I wanted to go a biker aesthetic with chrome and matte finishes. I wanted to keep some of the functionality of biker gloves which are grippy, protective, and flexible at parts. 



Process:

Ghosted Black w/ Materials

Ghosted Colored w/ Materials

Rendered Image w/ Early Sketches
During my process, I wanted to work with a smooth mesh to get the basic outline, so I primarily modeled using SubD modeling. Using this geometry, I was able to get smooth surfaces where I could extrude, scale, and rotate where need be. With these functions while toggling the Gumball, I molded the primary glove (along with the model hand) and created separate accessories that matched the curves from the model. Among these were the things like each finger, hand cover, hand grips, and the wrist strap. If needed more accuracy for transforming the mesh, I used the Insert Edge command to give more leverage on get a smooth finish. 



Materials:


Rendered Image w/ Measurements

Rendered Image #3 Inside

Rendered Image #4 Top

Rendered Image #5 Side

Starting off my materials list, I wanted to start with a comfortable, cross-stitch mesh for a custom fit for the glove and strap. Fingers have chromatic, reflective finishes along with the knuckle tips and joints to incorporate that darker aesthetic biker theme. Lastly, the top maroon hand covers and bottom grip pads have similar matte finishes to use perhaps a silicone material to hide potential scaring and to offer flexibility when handling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment