Monday, December 4, 2023

Rickie Jones ATCM 3355: Project 5 Prosthetic

 

Keyshot 1


Concept:

Reference 1



Reference 2



For my prosthetic I focus on something in the eye region. So I decided on a mask that would connect with a prosthetic eye to help an individual see who has never seen before. I was inspired by masks used during Marti Gras, mainly because they are stylized but do not cover up too much of the face. 


Process:


Ghosted and Make2D



    Firstly I started my making the mask. I used make the outline of the mask using curves. Then I extruded these curves into a cylinder the same size as the provided female model head. Using Boolean difference I was able to cut away the access materials until I was left with a mask. I then began to cut out details like the eye holes, nose and engravings. Finally, I was able to explode the model and move the pieces to individual layers to be painted. 
    For the eyes I made a 2 spheres and put then into the eye holes. From there I added curves for the pupils and iris over top the spheres. After extruding these curves I assigned them to correct layers to be colored.


Materials:



Keyshot 2


Keyshot 3

    I moved the mask, eye and provided female model to key shot and assigned colors to the models. For the colors, I choose a variety of metallic, anodized and various other shiny colors. I did not choose any matte or plastic looks materials because I wanted the prosthetic to look more sturdy and futuristic, rather than a normal cloth mask. 
    I put reflective and shiny materials on the eyes as well as that is what I found to look most human like but also futuristic. Most of the colors/materials chosen for the model were inspired by Mardi Gras color schemes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment