Monday, December 4, 2023

Trinity Hernandez ATCM 3355: Project 5 - Prosthetic Accessory

 Concept

For this project, I want to make my project from hearing aids that are on the bulky side. With this in mind, I also to create something with the idea of a Prince Rupert's drop. This small glass droplet is create by dropping melted glass into cold water which rapidly cooled with thing tail. The bead itself is strong, however if your break the tail, the whole thing breaks. With the shape I wanted used, I also want to add the in a water like feel to it, like calm water on beach shore.


Reference 1

Reference 2

Reference 3

Process

Starting out with drawing out the rough shape I with. I knew I want to something that would be easy to wear on the ear. When drawing the rough look I wanted, I kept in mind of the shape of the hearing aids and the hopefully not create something too heavy on the ears. Going for a more round look as I was moving onto Rhino to model it. Starting with a sphere and using F10 to move the points around to create the droplet shape of the base. Using another, smaller sphere to create the wave like pattern on top of the base (that would be use as the receiver as well). Also used them to create an inside of the model to give more of illusion of deeper waters. Using the head model to make it more accurate with it's size. The tube was create with a mesh cylinder and moving the points around to fit around the front, bottom end of the ear. After that all, I added clear blue plastic to the outer shell and deeper matted plastic to the inside. The tube was colored sea green with a matted plastic to it.

Drawing

Ghosted and Render Model (On Person)

Dimensions and Render Model (On Person)

Dimensions and Render Model (On Table)

Materials

Colored plastic of the semi-clear blues for the outer base and matted sea green for the inside. The receiver would be the semi-clear blue. The tube with be the white vinyl that painted sea green.


No comments:

Post a Comment