Saturday, December 2, 2023

Tately Diep - ATCM 3355.001 Project 5: Prosthetic Model

Concept:

Cyberpunk/Mecha Inspiration

XXXG-00W0 Wing Zero Gundam

My project is driven by the dynamic realm of mecha fashion, drawing inspiration from the iconic Gundam series and the cyberpunk-influenced online persona of Yūn Mago (@yunmago). Infusing the sleek design and powerful presence of Gundams, I aim to create a unique synthesis of real-world and virtual aesthetics. By incorporating elements from Gundams' distinctive cyber futuristic mecha style, my project explores the intersection between futuristic cybernetic influence and my prosthetic model.

I was inspired by the XXXG-00W0 Wing Zero Gundam in particular, as this Gundam has wing attachments that create a unique silhouette I wanted to incorporate into my prosthetic leg model.

Process:

Prosthetic Model Black Ghosted View
Prosthetic Model Colored Ghosted View
Prosthetic Model Arctic View

I made my prosthetic model by creating freeform curves and using the Loft tool to create the organic-shaped surfaces. I would then close the flat-end sections with PlanarSrf to create a closed poly surface. I utilized the Mirror tool to make sure that my model remained symmetrical. Lastly, I used the Bend tool to add subtle details to my model's shape. 

Materials:

Prosthetic Model Render

Prosthetic Model Render - Close Up

Prosthetic Model Render - Back

For materials, I went for predominantly a metal palette. I wanted to maintain the clean futuristic look and utilized different variants in metal colors and textures. I also used the Clear Gem material to give some dimension with clear pieces in my model. For the iridescent fixtures in the front part of the leg prosthetic, I chose a Multi-Layer Optic material to key point to my overall sleek model.



No comments:

Post a Comment