Friday, December 8, 2023

Nash DeGroat ATCM 3355.001 F23: Project 4: Makercase Lamp

 Concept: I ended up making three lamps, one for myself and two to gift to family. For my personal one I based it off of various characters from Xenoblade while the other two had a farm theme using pictures of animals my family owns.





Proccess: I recrated one of the grasshopper voronoi files and first tried to use that to recreate the images. I quickly learned that that wouldn't work as it created a ton of overlapping lines so I had to change the end goal. Instead I was going to make siluetes of each subject and then instead of making it holely I would make them have different engrave levels to help define afterwards. I would also put the voronoi holes on the outside and cut through them. The order of the characters is important for the Xeno one as two of the characters have an associated color and the other two also wild their weapons. Because of this when put in the propper order it makes the blades line up on the left and right.






Materials: I used basic plywood and the directed cord. For the light I went out of my way to get a bright white light so that I can put a green transparent plasitic sheet on the inside of the Xeno lamp at a letter date.












No comments:

Post a Comment