Sunday, December 3, 2023

Reina Park: Prosthetic Accessory

Concept: 



For this prosthetic accessory project, I decided to create a bracelet for people with ADHD. I was originally inspired by Remembrall  from the Harry Potter series, a magical large marble-sized glass ball containing smoke that turned red when its owner or user had forgotten something. It turned clear once whatever was forgotten was remembered. Oftentimes people who have ADHD have trouble keeping track of their items. It would be my hope that this accessory would go on to help those with ADHD who experience struggles similar to my own. I decided for it to be a bracelet so it would be easy and convenient to check often, and to make it difficult to lose. With this prosthetic bracelet, people would no longer have to get worried or frustrated with losing their belongings, instead, they could check their bracelet before they leave somewhere.





Also, I wanted to utilize vines in my design because vines always remind me of the thought process of a neurodivergent person and the way they absorb information.






Process:



Black Ghosted Model View



Ghosted Model View with Layers



To start off, I created a sphere and cut it in half to create a half-sphere shape. Since it came out as an open surface, I had to use a surface to split my original sphere, and Boolean union the surface that goes under my open sphere and my open sphere. I also created another curve on my half-sphere and used the pipe command to create a band on it. Since I was recreating my own version of Remembrall, I made a cloud shape inside of my half-sphere to reflect my concept of it, and the cloud/smoke part of the bracelet would turn red when the user forgot or left something. For the vines, I created curves and lofted them, and I slightly adjusted my curve points so they would look more natural. Finally, I added some leaves to my vines by using curves and loft commands. 






Material:



Rendering with 2D orthographic info


Rendering with sketches


For my renderings, I tried to make my rendered images appear as realistic as possible. For the smoke/cloud, I downloaded a material called 'CLOUD' from KeyShot online library, and I adjusted backscatter and edginess input. For the half sphere, I decided to use Glass (Solid) White material. For the gold band covering the half sphere, I used Gold 24k Brushed material. For the vines and leaves, I used Black Walnut Wood rough material, and I adjusted the color factors to make it look green. 




No comments:

Post a Comment