Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Project 5- Prosthetic Accessory- Bracelet

 Concept

For this project, I wanted to focus on modeling some sort of bracelet. As an artist with an abstract mind and artistic style, I wanted to sculpt a piece of jewelry with the user's unique contours of their wrist in mind and as a focus for this piece. In many ways, it inspires from futuristic jewelry which is customizable and able to fit perfectly to the user's body contours to ensure a perfect fit. I envision elements on my wristband being futuristic transponders or receivers of some kind; maybe even some sci-fi teleportation wristband.

Rhino Model (Ghosted)

Process

To complete this project, I first projected some curves onto the arm from the side perspective window within Rhino where I used the Project command to project my curves onto the surface of the arm. After that, I rebuilt my curves and created a nice closed-poly surface with my rebuilt curves, and from there I continued to sculpt and refine the shape and contours of my model. I utilized Grasshopper within Rhino to divide my initial curves and create spheres that circumscribe the wristband. I played around with the number of balls until I was satisfied, and joined them with the wristband geometry within Rhino. Lastly, I projected another curve onto the wristband itself and then used the split command to trim out my desired piece of the wristband and lastly lofted the curves back together. 

Rhino Model (Colored)

Rhino Model (Orthographic)

Materials

When considering materials for this project, I wanted to choose something that fits with the futuristic and abstract theme of my design so within Keyshot, I rendered my bracelet using a gun-metal material for the wristband to show the robustness and sleekness of the design. As for the orbs, I wanted to use a material that would give off some sense of awe or spectacle so I chose to represent them using a cool purple gem-stone material. In any case, whether this prosthetic accessory is some futuristic bracelet with special features and made of exotic materials or simply an abstract piece of jewelry, the design is solid and I am satisfied. 


Keyshot Rendering #1


Keyshot Rendering #2

No comments:

Post a Comment