Monday, October 9, 2023

Caleb Wang Project 2: Flashlight Sleeve

Concept:

I wanted to make a sleeve that was practical for actual use and something that wouldn't be inconvenient to carry around. I wanted the design to be aimed at simplicity and efficiency, with less of a focus on extravagance.

Process:

This project was a good lesson on learning about circular designs and patterns and how to implement them. From the provided template, I utilized a lot of Revolve, BooleanDifference, and ArrayPolar to work out a design I was content with. There were a couple additions I had to remove due to incompatibility in Cura, and in the end I settled for several notches and grooves to be able to grip it well. I then set everything up in Cura and printed it out over the course of around two and a half hours.

Materials:

I simply matched the materials in Keyshot with the same color of filament I used to 3D print the sleeve, which was a matte light blue.






No comments:

Post a Comment